Re: stupid question

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 09:57:02AM -0400, acli@mingpaoxpress.com wrote:
> Sorry for the stupid question. I am getting Received lines in the form

>         (XXXXXXXX@example)) by example.org id <S8337AbQIHIFM>;
> 	Fri, 8 Sep 2000 04:05:12 -0400
>
> where the two XXXXXXXX's are identical (with YYYYY being the actual uid of
> that user), example.org is the FQDN of example, and both example and
> example.org are in SELFADDRESSES and are mapped to the same name in localnames.
>
> What else would be causing this strange behaviour?

	First of all, that "from-clause" is all inside comment.

	The begin part of it:

		from localhost user: 'XXXXXX' uid#YYYYY fake:

	is produced by the router, while the rest:

		STDIN (XXXXXXXX@example)

	is by a code at  libc/mail.c  (see for "STDIN").

	This combination is due to  libc/mail.c generating that
	"rcvdfrom" header, but the sender is not among TRUSTED
	users, thus  router/rfc822.c puts in that "this is what
	I see, here is the fake there was in the input".

	None of the domains/addresses in these are run thru router
	to e.g. generate a view of what the user should be.

	The end-result does not look too nice.  If you have some
	idea what to make to improve it, I will consider ways to
	implement it.

	Oh yes, I also am considering of creating a mechanism for
	parametrizing the "Received:" header generation.  Including
	things like the "for-clause" (which is receivers business,
	only, but sometimes the transmit side could rewrite it;
	e.g. list-expansion would produce things which some list-
	managers would like to see..)