Re: malformed i-node-names at "TRANSPORT" directory ...

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 12:32:06PM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
> Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>
> > (And the culprit is  libc/mail.c  contained  mail_close_alternate() )
>
> And the fix is in the cvs? What is it?

  No commit yet.  Indeed the  libc/mail.c  and  libc/sfmail.c  files
  do need IMO an overhaul of the file renaming things.

  File is created with name:  node.domain.name:pidnumber
  and then  mail_close_alternate()  simply picks that whole string
  and moves it to different directory.  Instead it needs to rename
  the destination file with inode based name.

  What holds me back is that the old Rayan code tells that rename()
  won't always guarantee that the i-node will be same after the rename()
  result, and uses link()/unlink() pair to do the moving.

  However I don't know any LOCAL filesystems which exhibit this behaviour,
  and I do believe that even NFS is sane in this regard.
  Any other possibilities ? Anyone ?