Re: controlling when a specific message expires

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 08:50:16PM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
> I'm creating a fair bit of mail by putting files in POSTOFFICE/router.
> Works well. Reliable and efficient. I like it. But:
>
> I send some autoreplies that are basically worthless when people
> forget the mail they sent, things like "your mail to a@b has been
> forwarded to c@d, please use that address in the future" and "your
> message has arrived and we will reply within two business days". I'd
> like to drop such auto-acks after an hour. Is there anything I can add
> to my POSTOFFICE/router/123456 file to control expiry?

   RFC 2852 defines something like that, but while I have done some
   of its needed bits, there are still parts missing, mostly in the
   scheduler.

   With the DELIVERBY fully implemented, the SMTP side entry for such
   "discard after ``nn'' seconds" would be:

	MAIL FROM:<> BY=nn;R

   Say in one hour:

	MAIL FROM:<> BY=3600;R

   After all, MAIL FROM:<> means "no interest in report".