Router Child process terminated on Singal 8 - problem identified

Hello Matti,

We have identified the cause of our Router Child terminate on Single 8
after examining the core files.  The problem is caused by the Date
field in one of our user's email.  The Normal Date field should look
something like: "Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:23:08 -0700 (EDT)" The one
that crashed our router looked something like:
"Date: 00-06-29 03:50:11"

When this info is passed to dateparse.c, dateParse () sets the mm
field to 0, then lilian() is called with month=0, hence cause the
router child to terminate on Signal 8.

We simply removed the mail from the queue for now, but we would like
to know if zmail can filter out mails with this type of Data field, or
better yet knows how to handle this type of mails.

Regards,

Grace He
e-mail: ghe@scs.ryerson.ca

School of Computer Science	Phone : (416) 979-5000, ext. 6697
Ryerson Polytechnic University	Fax   : (416) 979-5064