Re: .forward problem

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 04:23:18AM -0400, Cezar Cichocki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of my users has and alias in 'aliases' file:
>
> User.Name:  user
>
> and it works fine. However when he made .forward file in his home
> directory zmailer refuses it (eg mail is delivered to the mailbox).
>
> Is it possible to have an alias for the user AND to use .forward file?

  It might be due to too wide permissions at either his home directory,
  or at  .forward  file.

  It might also be that the routing processing loop breakup code I rewrote
  recently could help.

  A way to understand what happens in this case is the standard router
  processing analysis:
	$MAILBIN/router -i
	z# rtrace
	z# router  User.Name
	(lots of output)

  Remember to run it as root to gain full access to user files when needed.