Re: message file is missing(!)

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 01:24:07PM -0400, Benjamin C.R. LaHaise wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Eugene Crosser wrote:
>
> > Such reports:
> >
> > FAILED:
> >   <smtp nevalink.ru fil@nevalink.ru 60001>: message file is missing(!) --
> > possibly due to delivery scheduler restart.  Consider resending your message
> >
> > started to appear, I think, since I upgraded to the version where
> > router injects messages into hashed directory.  And they apparently
> > has nothing to do with scheduler restarts.  Any thoughts?
>
> Ditto here, although I'm running an ancient CVS snapshot which claims to
> be 2.99.51-patch1 #1.  It's happened a lot more lately -- mailing list
> traffic and subscribers are up quite a bit recently.

  That is strange..  which means this is an old problem which is just
  now surfacing in the system.

  The diagnostics reports are carrying (more recently) local spoolid of
  the message file so that in this kind of things could be checked from
  the syslog data.  Could this be a case where the control file is left
  into the system after successfull delivery ?
  (Name has been originally "X-Spool-ID:", latter  "Local-Spool-ID:")

  Why the delivery would not be marked to the control file, thus blocking
  it away, I don't know..

Reporting-MTA: dns; nic
Arrival-Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:46:23 +0300
Local-Spool-ID: S11240AbQFGIqX

  The ID associated syslogged data might give us some clue to this.