Re: rsync/anoncvs server machine changed (again)

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 05:14:03PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Fri, 12 May 2000, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> >   Finally I did what I "threatened" of doing -- the Anon-CVS, and
> >   public read-only RSYNC are no longer at my office workstation.
>
> and _still_ there is no ftp.zmailer.org ...
> --
> Arkadiusz Mi?kiewicz         http://www.misiek.eu.org/

  I wish it were that simple..   Virtualizing FTP protocol at some
  site means using dedicated IP address for it -- which is possible
  with the server used at  ftp.funet.fi  cluster, but...

  Indeed that is exactly what many web-hosting service suppliers are
  doing these days, but named virtuals are better, and need only single
  IP address for all kwazillion domains per machine.
  (This is possibly due to deficienses of Netscape Enterprise Server,
   which until recently has been able to do only IP address based virtuals,
   and even then has managed to eat monsterous amounts of memory...)