Re: more than one SMTP channel

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:00:37AM +0200, Robert Hanzlik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it's possible to open more than one SMTP channel at the same time to the
> same host? I was looking to documentation, but there seems to be nothing
> regarding this. We need it on our secondary MX, because of high traffic
> and sendmail on the primary MX :-(
> The host is daily exchanging more then 100000 e-mail messages and for the
> one host, for which I need more then one SMTP channel for transfering
> messages is it 3/4 of this number.

	Recent CVS version contains a way to run parallel
	transport-agent sessions, however there seem to be
	some "submit same task more than once" problem,
	which appears at the scheduler logfile as warnings
	about rescanning a task file.

	The method is to use  maxthr=N  where N > 1
	parameter at channel/host clause parameters.

	It is not perfect implementation, but might help you.