Re: ZMailer relaying policy

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 06:46:34AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
> We ended up putting that sort of filtering into the router. We need
> bangpaths for these pesky remote UUCP clients.

	Are the bang-paths needed to be VISIBLE outside your site/system ?

> To do this right, you need to forward whoson status to the router.

	maybe, maybe not...

> I really should package up my current set of patches...
> (I also got rid of SFIO, by the way. GNU libc 2.1, standard with most
> Linux distributions these days, can do it natively.)

	Most Linux distributions may be able to do it, but most systems
	I use are Solaris, and whatnot others where I can't rely on having
	glibc around.

	While I love to beat M$ with Linux World Domination, my UNIX
	environment is still rather large.

	Sure we could have an alternate file for   #include "sfio.h"
	which wraps ATT-Research SFIO into glibc at systems having
	sufficiently modern one.

	This is same sort of question which I get sometimes considering:
	- Why not C++ ?
	- Why not pure ANSI-C ?
	- Why not PERL in core instead of what current there is ?
	- Why not threads at scheduler ?

	The idea is to use minimum technology possible..