Re: LDAP Authentication

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 10:13:11PM +0000, Dan wrote:
> Need help setting up LDAP authentication. I find that documentation doesn't
> talk much about the LDAP module.

  The current LDAP module is for usage at message routing only.
  There is no standardized way to e.g. use LDAP as replacement for
  UNIX classical  getpwnam()  call.

  However at e.g. RedHat 6.* age Linux systems there is PAM (Pluggable
  Authentication Module) machinery, which can be tuned to use LDAP,
  I think...  That one can (also) be used to transparently replace
  the stuff below  getpwnam().