Re: UserDB a.k.a. Sender rewriting implemented

On 01-Apr-00 at 02:44, Matti Aarnio (mea@nic.funet.fi) wrote:

> > Sorry, I don't quite understand.  Is this like fqdnaliases but working
> > on envelope from rather than envelope to address (and content from
> > for mailname)?  If yes, why so strange syntax?
>
>   It is because of what "The BatBook, 2nd edition" tells it to be.
>   Yes, I do find it strange too, and can't fathom why sendmail needs
>   multiple methods for doing aliases..

Do Zmailer need to mimic all Sendmail's (mis)features?
it's config files have syntax slightly different from Sendmail
anyway (even aliases)...  Maybe it would be better to have
these sender rewriting things in a syntax matching that of
fqdnaliases file?

Eugene