Re: Mandating PERL for ZMailer system ??

> You know, I was talking to Rayan a few days ago,
> and the subject of zmailer came up.  I suggested replacing the router's
> shell interpreter with a perl interpreter.
[...]
> Rayan didn't disagree.

He should have - it violates one of the primary goals of zmailer: efficiency.
The perl interpreter is a pregnant elephant compared to the zmailer shell
interpreter.

Using perl for configuration work is (probably) OK, but it's a whole
different thing to consider using perl for core functionality.

-Andy