Re: Zmailer log files

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 11:50:47AM +0200, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can i change the format of log-file written by zmailer. E.g. i need to
> write such kind of format:
>
>   [from] [to] [size] [date] [time]
>
> Looking forward of hearing from ya.

 I can guess what for such a request is, and implementing it might be
 fairly trivial even.  For parsing reasons I might suggest different
 layout, though:

   [syslog produced header including date+time] [size] [from] [to]

 Right now all TA programs are producing sendmail-like syslog entries,
 that is only recipients with heaps of other data.  It is task for the
 router processes to produce syslog entry about [from] address (and size).

 Parsing that isn't quite as trivial, as you must correlate router produced
 data with other transport agent reports - including those which contain
 reports about retries...