Re: correct - nameserver inconsistency problem

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 12:20:51PM +0100, DR.Sky wrote:
> i've tried to use zmailer on my server as mail exchanger for some domain.
> i have record MX which points to router.some.domain.
>
> server's hostname is router.some.domain
>
> if i'd like send mail to e.g. root@some.domain, result is quite strange:
>
> "mailer=smtp, stat=deffered smtp; 500 (nameserver data inconsistency. No
> MX, no address: 'some.domain' (NONAME))"
>
> where is a problem?

  'dig a some.domain'
  'dig mx some.domain'

Do you see anything in ANSWER section ?  Zero answers ?
If you see zero answers, the reason is just that, given
destination domain does not have Address, nor MaileXchanger
data entries (nor CNAMEs).  Perhaps that domain has e.g.
NS pointers, but that doesn't mean anything to the MTA.