Re: restricted relaying

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 08:37:12PM +0100, E.Colanski wrote:
> >   Your question isn't very clear..
>
> Ok. Let me explain more exactly. One of our workers had to go out
> of the company. And sometimes he has possibility to use computer
> with given IP.
>
> I want to setup that when he connects from this IP (which isn't
> from my domain) and he says:
>   mail From: <user@mydomain.com>
>   rcpt To: <whoever@wherever.com>
> such message is accepted.
> But when somebody from the same IP tries to send mail with
>   mail From: <user@not_my_domain.com>
>   rcpt To: <user@not_my_domain.com>
> it's rejected.
>
> Is it clear enough?

  Yes, now it makes - sort of - sense.

  The answer is:  No, there is no mechanism in plain Policy datasets
                  to do that.

  HOWEVER: If you run
	- Possibly SSL
	- SMTP AUTH LOGIN support (possibly without mandatory SSL mode before)
  then a successfull login at email sending (rather trivial to force
  to be used at Netscape, and likely at M$ IE too) will enable relaying
  never mind where the user is.
  (I use my office workstation that way as a relay for my laptop...)