Re: rewriting From and Sender?

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 08:57:56AM -0400, Levi Stamper wrote:
> I've upgraded to  zmailer-2.99.51, and zmailer now rewrites my From and

	From what ?
	Have you ALSO updated router scripts ?

> Sender headers to reflect the local machine rather than the the  message
> originator....
>
> I've searched the archives of this list, but only found the question (no
> answer).
>
> What can I do to correct this?  ( I don't want all bounces going back to
> 'daemon@mailer.emaginet.com')

	It all depends...

	Do you have a   /etc/mail.conf   ??
	Example from nic.funet.fi:

#  Zmailer host dependent information
#
# Where am I?
orgdomain=nic.funet.fi
# Who am I?
hostname=nic.funet.fi
# What do I tell people?
mydomain=$hostname
# World hack!
world=world.$hostname

	If that file doesn't exist (it is referred by your
	$MAILSHARE/router.cf file), then the router uses some
	default values, which it prints at the startup:
		$MAILBIN/router -i

	File   $MAILVAR/db/localnames   had (in the old days)
	style of mapping any mentioned name in it into the local
	name, UNLESS entry lines have tokens in same line:
	Line:
		archie.funet.fi
	produces mapping to:
		$mydomain
	but line:
		archie.funet.fi		archie.funet.fi
	produces output mapping to:
		archie.funet.fi
	(e.g. keeps it the same!)

	Newer scripts (but still fairly old..) changed this.  Now
	the outcoming address stays the same, unless there is
	a MAPPING entry in the localnames, e.g.:

#
ftp.fi.kernel.org
dua			dua.funet.fi
dua.funet.fi