Re: "server" command broken

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 06:11:30PM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 04:33:19PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> > In todays's CVS, "server" command in the router seems to be broken
> > again.  That's why, VRFY and EXPN do not work.
> >
> > root@chronos:~/src/zmailer/# /usr/zmailer/bin/router -i
> > ZMailer router (2.99.52-pre1 #37: Wed Sep  1 15:50:31 MSD 1999)
> > z# server verify crosser@chronos.sovam.com
> > <crosser.interactive@chronos.sovam.com>: address: crosser@chronos.sovam.com
> > Eugene Crosser <crosser>

  I think I found it.
There were/are several problems.

- smtpserver's smtprouter.c did use blindly old 'thru stdout we report'
  style reporting, and that is -- not quite good anymore..
  Router did yield replies, but smtpserver didn't send them out :-(

- If you run 'server expand crosser' in your interactive router, and with
  'rtrace' active, you will see that the last thing it does is to use a
  '$(elements ...)' function in a loop (or should use), but that fails in
  rather weird way.

  If you have *only one* expansion result, then the system yields successfull
  reply, but if you have more, you get none :-(

z# server expand mea
<mea.interactive@mea.tmt.tele.fi>: address: mea
250-Matti Aarnio <mea>
250 EXPN completed
z# server expand mja
<mea.interactive@mea.tmt.tele.fi>: address: mja
250 EXPN completed

  That latter one is missing:

250-smtp delivery to utu.fi for <mikaar@utu.fi>
250-local delivery to /dev/null

  (or some such..)

  This is a side-effect result from the internal ZMSH subsystem rework
  awhile back.   It does need some changes in there..