Re: SSL/TLS client?

> Also, I think I (or some other contributor) need to write a ZFILE*
> abstraction which can do at least all buffered write things what
> fwrite()/putc()/fputs() (and possibly fprintf()) use.

Maybe one could rip off BIO layer from SSLeay (I guess that the license
allows that).  As BIO itself does not contain any crypto code, there
should be now import/export problems.  BIO stuff is essentially what
you want: an IO abstraction that may have files, sockets, memory areas,
*and* other BIO objects underneath.  That's my understanding, I did not
dig too deep inside...

And of course it fits perfectly for SSL.

Eugene