Re: One machine, 2 IP #, multiple localnames: possible?

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 01:30:18AM +0200, Geert Altena wrote:
> Geert Altena, <geert@uttnarag.tn.utwente.nl>, wrote:
> > Matti Aarnio, <mea@nic.funet.fi>, wrote:
> > > 	To *listen* you don't need to touch anything, but
> > > 	to accept multiple domains as locals you need to
> > > 	list them at the 'localnames' file.
> > Done. It's indeed as I already thought... It was the double IP #
> > that worried me a bit...
>
> Something is odd...
> I ran "zmailer new-localnames" and i get a policy rejection on target
> address

  How about running:  $MAILBIN/policy-builder.sh -n   ?
  "policy rejection" is a give-away for need of it.

> And the following error in the maillog.
>
> smtp; 500 (nameserver data inconsistency.
> No MX, no address: 'something.baz.org', errno=Success, gai_errno='name or
> service is not known')

	This means the message got thru, and smtp transport agent is
	trying to deliver it, but MX data after 'self pruning' is
	an empty set, and no A record is present.  A symptom that
	'localnames' does not list 'something.baz.org' in it.

	(With an A record the message could have been:
	 "Trying to talk with myself !")