Re: SSL/TLS client?

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 12:40:53PM +0000, Alexey Lobanov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> As far as I understand, the SMTP client in Zmailer knows nothing
> about SSL encryption. So, we cannot build a secure channel between
> two Zmailer's. Even in TODO, this item is not mentioned.
>
> Are the things really so bad?

  I just added following to TODO:

	- SSL/TLS client functionality has been asked for repeatedly.
	  To implement it we must rewamp the entire FILE* abstraction
	  based socket buffering at the smtp program, PLUS at
	  libta/mimeheaders.c ( writeheaders() ) as well...  Not so nice.

  Yes, it is doable, but *not* easy.