Re: fqdnaliases in zmailer .51

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 06:13:32PM +0300, Jussi Torhonen wrote:
> Updated working ZMailer 2.99.50s18 box upto 2.99.51 on a RedHat Linux
> 6.0/i386 box. Otherwise seemed to work ok, but fqdnaliases was not parsed
> at all. Returned back to .50s18 and it works again.
>
> When upgrading I executed ../bin/newfqdnaliases for sure. Also took all
> the latest config files from proto subdirectories.

   Hmm...  'newfqdnaliases' *should* be the cure..

   At the  README.UPGRADING there is a warning about this very topic,
   although I don't mention which operating systems have such DB, e.g.
   RedHat 6.0 is one such where this thing has an effect.

   Just regenerate all DBs, and then restart the programs ?

   I faintly recall having had similar problem at the time of the
   transition, but I don't remember specific cure I used.

> Anyone else having the same problem with .51 ? Any fixes available ?
> Jussi

/Matti Aarnio