Re: Relay protection problem

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Eugene Crosser wrote:

> Do you have a fresh version?  Until very recently, "reject-percent-kludge"
> was silently ignored.  In .51 it seems to work fine.

Default configuration of .51 (configure only with prefix, "cp proto/* ."
in a few directories, zmailer newdb, policy-builder, zmailer)
It rejects:
 user%foreigndomain@[hostaddress]
and
 foreigndomain!user@[hostaddress]

but accepts:
 user%foreigndomain@hostname
and
 foreigndomain!user@hostname

> smtp client does not support TLS.  And honestly, I do not understand
> why it should.  Session-level security is no-security in mail transfer,
> only point-to-point security is real security (e.g. PGP, S-MIME).

For example it could be used to provide secure mail transfers between
several offices of company.

Regards,

* Piotr Glaska          *      SuperMedia ISP       *
* System Administrator  * http://www.supermedia.pl/ *