Re: 2.99.50s19 smtp & hotmail.com

> We're using ZMailer 2.99.50s19 compiled with egcs-1.1.2 on Solaris 2.7.
> Since the upgrade (from 2.99.50s11) our smtp transport agents have started
> hanging after connecting to hotmail and sending several messages. Until
> someone notices and kills the hung ta, no more mail goes through to
> Hotmail. Here are some log excerpts:
> Now the ta just hangs. truss -p 18939 shows it's polling something (argh,
> it just scrolled out of the backbuffer...).
>
> Any idea what's going wrong?

	No, although I have also encountered these hotmail.com jams.

	In the CVS there are some attempts at solving it.
	To a large extent I gave up at figuring it out, and
	made a kludge into the scheduler to burst the "log-jamm"
	by closing the stuck transport agent after 1 hour delay
	at the FeedAge meter when the OverFed count is 0.

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>