sendmailer CA & dns lookups

Hi,

I have made a quite decent dial-up setup with zmailer
(smtpx to my provider, wait two hours after the first
message enters the queue -- I'll make a document about
it :) and I've come across one little problem that
keeps my modem dialling out unwanted.

The sendmail compatibility program (as used by some
mail programs) does - unneeded - DNS lookups when
you give it a message. A simple workaround is to use
SMTP for your local mail, but that doesn't work for
everything.

My question is, do we want the sendmail compatibility
agent to do DNS lookups or is it safe/good to remove
the DNS code and let it simply do it's job of putting
the message in a place where the router finds it?

cheers,

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.
| Le Reseau netwerksystemen BV:               http://www.reseau.nl/ |
| Linux Memory Management site:   http://www.linux.eu.org/Linux-MM/ |
| Nederlandse Linux documentatie:          http://www.nl.linux.org/ |