Re: s18 and SSL/TLS

On 31-May-99 at 14:21, Victor Gamov (vit@lipetsk.ru) wrote:

>      I run CA.pl script from OpenSSL library home dir
> (/usr/local/lib/openssl on my machine).  But I cann't undestand how I
> can get my own demoCA/cacert.pem file.  Myabe I must use demoCA/cacert
> file from standart distibution of openssl library?

To create "root" self-signed CA certificate you need to run this command:

openssl req -x509 -newkey {rsa|dsa}:arg -keyout your-new-key.pem \
   -out your-new-cert.pem

I think that there is a target to run this in the openssl makefile but
I never tried it (using SSLeay before this target appeared ;)

Eugene