encryption / export regulations

Hey,

Let me introduce myself - I'm currently packaging the ZMailer Server for use
in the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. I'm living in Europe, though we're
based in the US.

If I understood the latest developments correctly, some encryption code got
inserted in the smtpserver part of ZMailer, which makes it illegal to
(re)export ZMailer from the USA to the (still) Free World :(

Even with the latest 9th District Court ruling it isn't possible to
distribute ZMailer in binary format with encryption disabled nor enabled (we
don't want to risk exporting even -source- code of encryption procedures
before the Supreme Court has made its mind up).

So my question is: would you (Matti) mind if I remove any encryption code
from the ZMailer before distributing it (ouch, that raises the question
whether it is allowed to export a diff.gz file which removes the encryption
code from the original source), if (and that's the 2nd question) that isn't
too difficult to do ?

Another option (for Debian) is to move the ZMailer to our non-US servers
(based in the Netherlands) which resolves this issue, but I don't know if
-I- want to do that or in that case remove ZMailer from Debian entirely (but
that's a personal issue for me).

Waiting is,

 -Remco