A couple of short router question

I wonder how the router figures out what is in the router/ directory
for processing. A couple of days ago, I got two messages stuck in the
router/ directory (mv'd from the freezer) but was not processed after
a day, and restarting the router did not help. At the end I just ran
the router manually on the two files and got the messages routed.

After I ran router on the two files, I noticed that the manually-run
router did not identify itself as "router" in the syslog. (openlog(3)
was not called.) It looks like s17 also call openlog only when the
router is daemonized.

Thanks,
--
Ambrose C. Li / +1 416 321 0088 / Ming Pao Newspapers (Canada) Ltd.
EDP department / All views expressed here are my own; they may or