Re: mailx under solaris

On 16-Apr-99 at 21:39, John D Groenveld (jdg117@elvis.arl.psu.edu) wrote:
> When I send a message to a local user with mailx under Solaris with
> zmailer-2.99.50-s3, the From: message header is not set. I don't understand
> this behavior. Is the MTA supposed to play with those headers or is it the
> MUA's job?

MUA is *supposed* to generate all proper headers, MTA is only *supposed*
to add one "Recieved" header and touch nothing more.  Although, there
are too may MUAs that do not bother to create "From:" and too many (well,
at least one, hint, hint :) MTA that think that it is fine to put it's
dirty hands on the headers.

Sa far as I can tell, mailx usually can be configured to generate "From:"
header.

Eugene