Re: Password for sending mail

> Hello!
>
> In some MUAs (e.g. MS Outlook Express) it is possible to activate the
> option, that the SMTP-server requires a password authentication.
>
> Is it possible to configure zmailer the way, that it asks for a
> username and password before accepting data in a SMTP-connection?

	Right now, no.

	The specifications mandate rather complex mechanisms for this,
	but I have no idea what the real world clients ( = M$ ) do ?
	To support M$ way of login might simply be adding:
		250-AUTH=LOGIN
	to the EHLO response lines, then do something like this:
		auth login
		334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
		user foo.bar
		334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
		pass bar.foo
		535 Authentication failed
	but propably I didn't use it correctly...

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>