Errors to local/pipe*

scheduler log is reporting the following errors:

19990402004210 DBGdiag: # mailbox:8806: lockaddr: file '93254-7709' host
'?host?' expected '~' found '-'

These correspond to errors reported in scheduler.perflog  Unfortunately, I
can't identify a pattern.... sometimes the pipe works sometimes it
doesn't...?

A confusing explaination of what the pipe does is included as Appendix 'A'

Checking perflog log...

`grep error scheduler.perflog | grep pipe | grep ae609 `

<snip...>

923063200 93276-7705 11 5 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923063257 93276-7710 14 5 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923063880 93276-7710 7 6 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca

923066279 93280-7711 10 9 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca  <<-**
923074322 93280-7711 2 8 error local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca <<-**

923075478 93280-7705 3 4 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca

923078062 93282-7711 2 4 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923080714 93222-7710 9 8 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923083073 93226-7709 11 7 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923084026 93226-7705 4 10 error local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923084021 93278-7710 9 10 error local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca
923084703 93226-7710 3 9 ok3 local/pipe.ae609@cfn.cs.dal.ca

</snip>

I am (also) especially curious about two of the entries from
sheduler.perflog above (maybe the reason I continue to struggle with the
zmailer configuration and logs is that I'm distracted too easily... ;-)
It looks as if the first attempt to deliver 93280-7710 succeeded and then
a subsequent attempt failed... why whould it try again if it already
succeeded...????

I extracted references to Msg-ID *93280 from both maillog and
scheduler.perflog

as:  http://dev.chebucto.ns.ca/~potter/msgid-maillog
     http://dev.chebucto.ns.ca/~potter/msgid-sched.perf

Thanks for any help... ;-)

david potter

Appendix 'A'
Currently the pipe is grabbing the header of the message and
loging parts of that header... when the error occurs, zmailer is reporting
back to the sender, and, because the pipe is being fed from 'action 2'
of the aliase file entry and 'action 1' succeeded... zmailer reports
success... go figure... ;-)