Unresolved: "Malformed recipient privilege data!"

I posted to this list about a week ago about this error message, and have
received no response at all. Am I to assume that _no_one_ here has any
idea what this message means or how I might find out where the problem
is--or is there something wrong with the way I'm asking?

A little more info: with the debugging output turned on, the error appears
immediately after the line "Emit specification to the transport system"
and that's essentially all that I got from attaching strace to the router
as well: it writes the error message out right after it sets up the owner
and permissions on the file.

Still frustrated,
Robert Braddock
rpb1@cornell.edu