"MAIL FROM" bug?

Hi all,

I have installed ZMailer 2.99.49p5a2 in Sparc Solaris 2.5.1 in busy mail
gateways, which i use for inbound-outbound mail. Very often incoming mail
is MX-routed to final destination thru these Zmailer servers and very often
people who send email to us get this annoying and surprising error message:

<smtp raymi.rcp.net.pe vadillo@raymi.rcp.net.pe 60001>: ...\
	<<- RCPT To:<vadillo@raymi.rcp.net.pe>
	->> 501 RCPT TO must be preceded by MAIL FROM command. (this is abnormal, investigate!)

It has been proved that mail is sent from people who only get THIS kind of
errmsg every once in a while (not all the time) while trying to send messages
to us, has this been patched? may i receive the patch? or is it normal
behaviour? what shall i do? it's pretty annoying, believe me.

Thanks to you all, in advance,

Enrique-
 RCP - Internet Peru      Tel: +51 1 422-4848
 Dpto de Operaciones      Fax: +51 1 421-8086