Re: Ports in db/routes?

> Is it possible to define a port to connect to in db/routes? I need this to
> send all outgoing mail via SMTP to a server at 1.2.3.4, port 5678. So I
> enter this to db/routes:
> .			smtp![1.2.3.4]:5678
> and it doesn't work. I also tried (without success)
> .			smtp![1.2.3.4:5678]
> and
> .			smtp!1.2.3.4:5678
>
> Is this possible at all? Without the port number it works fine, but it
> connects to port 25. I'm using Zmailer version 2.99.50-s8. Don't ask me why
> I have to connect to a port other than 25...

	Currently no, but that brackets, plus colon, plus portnumber
	format  ( [1.2.3.4]:5678 ) makes most sense, especially as
	colon INSIDE brackets exists for IPv6 address literals..

	I will code it right away, available from my CVS after commit..
	Hmm.. DRUMS drafts tell that address literals are of form:

	IPv4:	[1.2.3.4]
	IPv6:	[IPv6 ::1.2.3.4]

	That is, there is embedded SPACE in there now, a year ago
	there was a change from [IPv6.addrlit] to [IPv6:addrlit],
	but now ... I need to do additional plumbing to support
	that format -- Ah well..

> BTW, I noticed that "make install" didn't work with the above version and
> my RedHat 4.2 & 5.0 installations. The problem I experienced happened in
> proto/Makefile, at the end of "db" section. There the copying of

	The line previous to last in that sestion is missing "; \"
	from its end.
> zmailer and it worked perfectly. I guess this could be attributed to the
> position of the stars or the runaway weather-balloon...

	Stars don't change their positions -- except this one earest to us.
	Perhaps you did mean planets ?   (That weather-balloon issue is
	some Canadian stratospheric balloon which reached today southern
	Finland, and was well visible in quite large area as it flew in
	about 8km height -- the balloon is circa 100 meters high, and
	some 40 meters in diameter; a really big one...  Sorry, I didn't
	see it :-/  I have spent entire day at hacking weird internal
	email related applications at work... )

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> OH2MQK