Router dies off

Greetings-

I've been running 2.99.49p8 in a production environment for almost a year
without any major problems.  I'm running zmailer on two identical machines
that load ballance our mail traffic.  In just the last two days, the
router portion of Zmailer has died without reason on one of the mail
servers.  I've tried increasing the number of routers from 6 to 16, and
that doesn't seem to prevent the problem from happening.

mail# mailq -ss
2682 entries in router queue: no daemon
534 messages in transport queue: working

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Brent

--
Brent Foster