SMTP Policy rejection frustration

ZMailer version: 	zmailer-2.99.50-s5
platform:		Linux x86 RedHat 5.1

recently we have had to tighten up on policy for spam, so I changed
to the 2nd alternate policy:

# -- 2nd alternate: No MX target usage, DNS existence verify
..                      relaycustomer - relaytarget - senderokwithdns +
[0.0.0.0]/0            relaycustomer - relaytarget - senderokwithdns +

To my surprise, the result is that for many domains, including
nic.funet.fi, I get rejection:

mail from:<jmack@phys.ualberta.ca>
250 2.1.0 Sender syntax Ok
rcpt to:<zmailer@nic.funet.fi>
553 5.7.1 Policy rejection on the target address

I certainly don't have funet listed in smtp-policy.src...

DNS lookup is fine:

[root@relay db]# nslookup
Default Server:  name.ualberta.ca
Address:  129.128.5.233

> nic.funet.fi.
Server:  name.ualberta.ca
Address:  129.128.5.233

Name:    nic.funet.fi
Address:  128.214.248.6

So what gives?

I've changed back to the old pattern (3rd alternate) to send this,
but clearly it will not do.

Thanks,
--
James S. MacKinnon           Office: P-139 Avadh-Bhatia Physics Lab
Team Physics                 Voice : (403) 492-8226