zmailer & log rotation

The zmailer script includes a 'logsync' option...

        logsync)
            if [ -f $POSTOFFICE/.pid.router ]; then
                pid=`cat $POSTOFFICE/.pid.router`
                kill -1 -$pid # SIGHUP the router GROUP
            fi
            if [ -f $POSTOFFICE/.pid.scheduler ]; then
                pid=`cat $POSTOFFICE/.pid.scheduler`
                kill -1 $pid # SIGHUP the scheduler PROCESS
            fi
            ;;

I haven't found much info about the use of this option and wonder if I
should be using it as part of our log rotation process. Currently we're
using a kill...rotate...start procedure, as in:

"mail/scheduler") /var/csuite/csuite1.0/zmailer/bin/zmailer kill scheduler
                  agelog -z 0 mail/scheduler 4 OLD
                  agelog -z 0 mail/scheduler.perflog 4 OLD
                  /var/csuite/csuite1.0/zmailer/bin/zmailer scheduler
                        ;;

As previously mentioned this seems (?) to be starting the retry process
over again each time we rotate the logs (nightly)... and contributing to
an excessive number of retries on over-quota accounts....

What is the recommended log rotate procedure...????

thanks as always...
david potter