2.99.50 s5 -- a release candidate for 2.99.50

Hello,

I feel we are close to release of ZMailer version 2.99.50.

Attached at the end are ChangeLog entries since 2.99.50-s4.
I have made source available at ftp.funet.fi as well as
at my workstation.

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/mail/zmailer/src/zmailer-2.99.50-s5.tar.gz

there exists also a diff in between s4 and s5.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>

1998-06-02  Matti Aarnio  <mea@mea.tmt.tele.fi>

	* Most  Makefile.in  files:
	    Reworked on "prefix=nnnnn make install" installation.
	    Now it creates the target parent directories if needed.

	* Makefile.in, ChangeLog:
	    Version 2.99.50-s5 -- are we now safe ??

	* transports/mailbox/mailbox.c:
	    Added a bit earlier test for "user" /dev/null so that
	    that target can be "delivered" to without privilege
	    check.

	* router/rfc822.c:
	    More gymnastics on getting the possibly missing "From: "
	    header generated in all possible situations.

1998-06-01  Matti Aarnio  <mea@mea.tmt.tele.fi>

	* proto/newaliases.in, proto/newdb.in, proto/cf/i-routes.cf,
	  proto/cf/standard.cf, proto/newfqdnaliases.in:
	    Synced 'newdb' usages to supply explicite '-l' option,
	    Modified scripts to require /bin/sh, not MAILBIN/router !

	* router/rfc822.c:
	    If the message had no 'From: ' header, generate one for it.

	* proto/cf/standard.cf:
	    Add "bitnet" and "uucp" into the default toplevels list.

	* proto/cf/rrouter.cf, proto/cf/i-bitnet.cf:
	    Updated BITNET routing rules;  nic.funet.fi  is Finland's
	    *only* BITNET host these days, and works as BITNET-bound
	    email gateway.

	* libsh/builtins.c, proto/cf/aliases.cf, proto/cf/aliases-new.cf:
	    Whoops, two mistakes in  aliases.cf -- wrong name at
	    lappend parameter, and lappend internal functionality
	    at empty target variable content was faulty (SIGSEGV..)

	* configure.in, libc/setregid.c, libc/Makefile.in,
	  transports/mailbox/mailbox.c:
	    Within mailbox.c there is one instance of fork(), and
	    following it are some setgid()/setuid() statements.
	    Setting real-uid/real-gid is not sufficient for systems
	    with NFS-mounted home directories...

	    Changed those calls to be  setregid() and setreuid(),
	    which should work far better, but I have no idea about
	    its portability to for example  SunOS 4.1.*  series.

	* proto/Makefile.in, proto/cf/SMTP.cf.in, configure.in:
	    Default router.cf is altered to have protocols 'routes',
	    and 'smtp'.  Per default the system install will not
	    have UUCP in routing stage anymore.

	* smtpserver/smtpdata.c:
	    Oops: At DATA processing the content-policy was tested
	    only if the last RCPT policy analysis yielded All-OK (0)
	    status.

You did read here ?  Good :-)
You might be interested about "SIEVE" drafts available thru
IETF draft collections, and also at my CVS doc/drafts/
(draft-showalter-sieve-*.txt)