Re: Error in canon.cf?

In article <19980601215710Z2870-5036+5@nic.funet.fi>,
 <mea@nic.funet.fi> wrote:
>> This is why when looking in the localnames db, it always add the real host
>> domain name instead the original sender domain?
>
>	It depends on what you have stored into  MAILVAR/db/localnames
>	file; at nic.funet.fi I have for example:
[...]
>	That is, if the address has domain: ftp.funet.fi,  then
>	processed address will also be  ftp.funet.fi.
>	On the other hand, in case of  funic.funet.fi  the outgoing
>	name will be nic.funet.fi.

Does this work only for smtp-received mail, or does it include locally
generated (via /usr/lib/sendmail) mail? I notice that when I generate
mail using the sendmail interface, I always get the "real host domain
name".

--
Ambrose C. Li   <acli@mingpaoxpress.com>  +1-416-321-0088
Programmer-analyst/ system administrator/ PC user support