Dotted usernames

Zmailer still refuses to deliver messages to local dotted usernames. I have
a lot of users with a dot in his login account. The mailer error returned
is:

In the following message, it appears from the format of certain
addresses that you have attempted to send a message to somebodys
"Real.Name", or alternatively to an USENET newsgroup.

Unfortunately both lookups have failed.  fullnames -database didn't
contain attempted  Real.Name, nor our copy of active newsgroups
database did have such a newsgroup.

It is a common mistake to write address alike:   user.host.domain
when you REALLY wanted it to be:                 user@host.domain

error: norealname: a.sanjuan

I don't like to maintain two databases (fullnames and passwd) to map dotted
usernames. With other mailers there is no problems with this kind of
usernames.

Alfredo