Re: Where to find Zmailer-FAQ ?

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Milan Riha wrote:

> Andrzej Stella-Sawicki wrote:
> >
> > can't find why zmailer says after vrfy command that user unknown when user
> > is in aliases database. Also zmailer doesn't seem to accept addresses
> > including dots like test.test@test.com. It responds, that test.test
> > illegal newsgroup or sth like that.
>
> it's working for me, user with uname mhorak have an alias martin.horak
> and messages for both are delivered successfully.

The alias for account savit.test is:

savit.test: "|/usr/sbin/smdeliver savit.test"

smdeliver is a perl script that check quotas and puts mail in specific
place. All was verified using user named "savit" but user named
"savit.test" does not seem to work properly. Zmailer has the default
configuration. Now i telnet to port 25 and here is what happens:

[root@zmail /root]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost ZMailer Server 2.99.49p8 #1 ESMTP+IDENT ready at Mon, 20 Apr
1998 13:08:47 +0200
helo localhost
250 localhost Hello localhost
vrfy savit.test
250-newsgroup: not found
250-[: unknown operand '"|/usr/sbin/smdeliver'
250-[: syntax error at: savit.test"
250 error delivery to norealname for <savit.test>
quit
221 2.0.0 localhost Out
Connection closed by foreign host.
[root@zmail /root]#

Any ideas where to find or where to look for the solution ?

Regards

Savit

Andrzej Stella-Sawicki <Savit@Sav.NET>
ZPR Express Sp. z o.o. - http://SuperMedia.PL/