Re: Zmailer year 2000 compatible?

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> P.S. If you know the answer to the same question for Linux it is welcome.
> Solaris 2.5.1 is known to be *not* compatible, and compatibility patch
> for it is avaiable, but is not free!  Can you imagine it?!

Yes, only too well. :-/

As far as I know, Linux would be just like every other Unix - no year 2000
problem, but perhaps a year 2038 problem.  Of course, Solaris consists
not only of the kernel but also includes all the applications Sun
distributes with it.  Sun does claim that Solaris 2.6 is Year 2000
compliant.

---
Roy Bixler
The University of Chicago Press