Re: Out of order responce from Smail3 when PIPELINING

> > ><smtp nic.funet.fi nobody@nic.funet.fi 99>: ...\
> > >    <<- MAIL From:<always-reject@mea.tmt.tele.fi> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=273
> > >    ->> 553-5.7.1 Access denied by the policy analysis functions.
> > >    ->> 553-5.7.1 This may be due to your source IP address,
> > >    ->> 553-5.7.1 the IP reversal domain, he data you gave for
> > >    ->> 553-5.7.1 the HELO/EHLO parameter, or address/domain
> > >    ->> 553 5.7.1 you gave at the MAIL FROM:<...> address.
> >
> > But wouldn't this be as confusing? In my work environment, I can envision
> > people cluelessly sending out 32 meg stuff (while we only accept 10 meg
> > or so). I don't want my company's clients to call our salespeople about
> > this message.
>
>      I think you are confused already ;-)
>
>      This particular example was cut&paste from my test message
>      generated error report which rejection was based on "MAIL FROM:"
>      being instantly unacceptable for nic.funet.fi...
>
>      Supposing the limit is 10M, and rejection comes form that
>      detail, the report would be like this:
>
> 552 5.3.4 The message size exceeds fixed maximum of 10000000 chars for
> message size
>
>      Hmm.. need to fold that, perhaps like this:
>
> 552-5.3.4 This message is larger, than our maximum acceptable
> 552 5.3.4 incoming message size of  10000000  chars.

That's OK, but my original problem was that of several 5xx responces that
the remote gave to our several pipelined commands, the last responce was
displayed in the non-delivery report.  Probably it would be correct to
only display the first error responce because it is very likely that the
rest are `induced errors'.  To clerify, it was not a multiline responce
(althoug it would be really useful to display multiline responces verbosely),
but several responces to several commands.  Only first of them was relevant.

Eugene