Re: your mail

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Jason Aarons wrote:

> 1.  Does ZMailer Server 2.99.43 #1 ESMTP+IDENT support a MIME-encoded
> rich-text formatting message ?
>
> Please reply directly, as I do not subscribe.  I am sending mail to user's
> on that system that complain of getting attachments with junk...

  Like most (all?) MTAs, Zmailer does not look at the body very much.  The
body could be MIME, it could be binary, it doesn't matter.

  More likely it is the MUA that the person is using to read the message.
I guess "rich text" is RTF?  RTF doesn't seem to be used much.  Most MUAs
will probably display that in the raw MIME format.  It could be probably
be saved into a file, and viewed with an external viewer of some kind.

  Please don't send me RTF mail, because I would have no idea on how to
view it either.

Tom