Re: Local hostname stripping

> > What is your /etc/mail.conf like?
> >
> > I think the "orgdomain" setting determines what zmailer reports
> > after the "@".
>
> Thanks, that was it. mydomain was set to cc.ucf.edu. The reason I needed
> this, was to keep the smail machines happy, they want to validate the
> addresses on the mail from: command. (This is on purpose, btw).
> Now all I have to do, before I put zmailer into production, is to
> look at how I can keep it from being an smtp gateway to off-campus
> (not in our domain) hosts.

	In which sense smtp-gateway ?
	To limit externally originating message delivery, or to
	limit internally originating message delivery ?

	Originally I thought this question to mean that this host
	should not be sending email to off-campus by itself, rather
	to send it to some other host.

	Then I realized you propably do mean incoming SMTP policy
	control.   There is file   doc/guides/smtp-policy,  and
	it is also available in HTML via  http://www.zmailer.org/

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>