Re: 2.99.49p9 router leaking memory

> Matti,
> 	I was trying to rewrite canonicalize function a couple of
> times, but I want to know exactly what kind of weird things it takes.
> It does not take rfc822 ``address'', rather ``route-addr'' but
> noone seems to have clear idea about it... :(

	The address it receives is one stripped from rfc-822 to have
	only meaningfull address components.

	That is, following (rfc-822) example:
		Muhammed.(I am  the greatest) Ali @(the)Vegas.WBA
	is canonized (as RFC-822 calls it) as:
		Muhammed.Ali@Vegas.WBA

	In case of addresses arriving from SMTP, those are presented in
	the envelope header lines:
		from <...>
		to <...>
	where the three dots contain the arriving RFC-821 address
	string as is.  Outbound envelope RFC-822 addresses MAY require
	slight change to conform with RFC-821 quotation rules, though.
	(But that is for the smtp transport agent, not smtpserver, to
	 worry about, and to convert.)

	Therefore the address the router gets for the processing IS
	RFC-821 address  (Ok, .forward and :include: processing can
	bring in slightly different stuff)

	Oh yes, zmailer-2.2.1 wrote those SMTP envelope fields in this
	"route-addr" form (with "<" ... ">" wraps), so that is not
	something I made into it.

>    Ok, maybe it is not
> the real point but I think that zmailer nowadays is too many hacks
> against its original design. Some things are hard-hacked  into source
> instead of providing more general interface to configuration and
> fixing them in zmsh.

	Please name a few.  Match also the "TODO" file.

> 								alexis

/Matti Aarnio