Re: Local hostname stripping

On 08-Dec-97 Ambrose Li wrote:
> Hi, Chris,
>
> In article <XFMail.971208131833.chris@aquarius.cc.ucf.edu> you write:
>>   I am running version zmailer-2.99.49p9, or rather testing it for now, and
>>discovered that mail originating from machine "a.b.c.d" has the hostname
>>stripped on the mail from: command sent to the remote machine. That is
>>user@a.b.c.d becomes user@b.c.d. with the hostname stripped off.
>>
>>   What I would like to know is, how and where do I disable this "feature".
>
> What is your /etc/mail.conf like?
>
> I think the "orgdomain" setting determines what zmailer reports
> after the "@".

Thanks, that was it. mydomain was set to cc.ucf.edu. The reason I needed this,
was to keep the smail machines happy, they want to validate the addresses on
the mail from: command. (This is on purpose, btw). Now all I have to do, before
I put zmailer into production, is to look at how I can keep it from being an
smtp gateway to off-campus (not in our domain) hosts.

Chris

Chris Maukonen                   " The master in the art of living makes little
Sr. Systems Programmer            distinction between his work and his play,
Univeristy of Central Florida     his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body,
chris@aquarius.cc.ucf.edu         his education and his recreation, his love
                                  and his religion.  He hardly knows  which is which.
                                  He simply persues his vision of excellence in
                                  whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether
                                  he is working or playing.  To him he is always doing
                                  both." - Zen buddhist text