doc/guides/procmail -- comments, please

Hello,

	I just collected infobits I have been repeatedly
	asked to figure out, and it now includes all of
	the details I can think of.  (For ZMailer integration.)

	Can you few procmail users think anything that should
	be added here ?

/Matti Aarnio

------------------ doc/guides/procmail ------------------

	For running PROCMAIL as your local delivery agent:

You need to mofigy/verify three (3) files:

	$MAILSHARE/router.cf:
	$MAILSHARE/scheduler.conf:
	$MAILSHARE/sm.conf:

In the router configuration there is a parameter, which controls on
how the local addresses look when rewritten:

------ $MAILSHARE/router.cf:
  # Does our "local" channel accept domain (@) at the user part ?
  # ZMailer's mailbox does accept.  If you use something else, and
  # it doesn't accept, comment this away!

< localdoesdomain=1
> #localdoesdomain=1
------

In the scheduler configuration we must leave clauses for "local/file*",
and "local/pipe*" in front of "local/*" intact, as they handle things
that procmail can not do by itself.  Then we continue by modifying the
"local/*" clause to choose proper command:

------ $MAILSHARE/scheduler.conf:
  local/*
	interval=5m
	idlemax=9m
	# Originally we had 3 hour expiry, but if your local system goes to
	# a fizz (freezes, that is), your local mail may start to bounce
	# before anybody notices anything...
	expiry=3d
	# want 20 channel slots, but only one HOST
	maxchannel=15
	maxring=5
	#
	# Do MIME text/plain; Quoted-Printable -> text/plain; 8BIT
	# conversion on flight!
<	command="mailbox -8"
>	#command="mailbox -8"
	# Or with CYRUS server the following might do:
	#command="sm -8c $channel cyrus"
	# Or with PROCMAIL as the local delivery agent:
<	#command="sm -8c $channel procm"
>	command="sm -8c $channel procm"
-------

And lastly, the sm configuration needs to be made sure it has specfication
for "procm" so that "sm" knows what it needs to do, and where your procmail
program is:

------- $MAILSHARE/sm.conf:
#		# CYRUS example from: Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
procm	sSPfn	/usr/local/bin/procmail		procmail -a $h -d $u
-------