aliases

We are currently using Zmailer 2.99.43 as our mail transport, and are
running into some problems with the use of the aliases database.

Since the router and scheduler leak memory, and have occasionally freezed,
we restart them every hour.  As well the aliases database is rebuilt every
15 minutes by a cron script.  (Shutdown router, newaliases, pause 10
seconds, restart router).

We've noticed that messages addressed to valid aliases in the aliases
database (dbm) are seen reported as "non existant user"s by the smtpserver
process--on a sporadic basis--and not anywhere near the period where the
aliases database is rebuilt.  Does anyone have any ideas why this may be
happening?  Or have a suggestion for a better way to update the aliases?

Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks

Shawn