Re: 2.99.49p6a7 got stuck at MAIL command

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Eugene Crosser wrote:

> > I tried to switch to 2.99.49p6a7, but somehow the smtpserver
> > always gets stuck after the remote host issues a MAIL command.
> > I'll then have to kill -9 the smtpserver processes before I
> > can restart zmailer 2.99.49p3. Has anyone seen this?
>
> Running .49p6a7 in production since 25 Sep, no problem.
> A wild guess - you could have requested DNS verification of addresses,
> and the DNS for the address in question is unreachable/too slow/broken?

I noticed that nic.funet.fi is 2.99.49p6a7 too, so it must be my
problem. But I don't know what it is.

I do request DNS verification, but the remote sites are not unreachable.
All the sites got stuck in the MAIL command, e.g., nic.funet.fi,
uunet.ca, all the big sites. And does not seemto be a policydb thing,
since it doesn't generate SMTP errors, the smtpserver just got stuck
there doing nothing.

--
Ambrose C. Li <acli@mingpaoxpress.com> Programmer-analyst (sysadmin)
Toronto EDP, Ming Pao Daily News +1(416)321-0088 1355 Huntingwood Dr