Re: warning in deliver..

"Paquette, Trevor" <TrevorPaquette@mcc.net>
> Does zmailer generate this warning? or is it MS-Exchange?
> If it is zmailer, is there a way to override? or would we even want to?

It's zmailer.  Someone gave zmailer a message containing unlabelled
8-bit characters, and the site zmailer wants to deliver the message to
doesn't say it will accept 8-bit mail.

Zmailer wants to recode it as 7-bit before sending it to its
destination, and since the message isn't labelled zmailer doesn't know
what character set is used.  This isn't an optimal situation, and
zmailer adds a warning to that effect.

You can do several things about it.

 - Make sure you generate MIME-labelled mail.  That's not too hard
   with most clients.  You can mostly make them say e.g.

   (substitute the character set in use in your organization) and it
   will come out right.  If your site habitually sends unlabelled
   8-bit mail with several different character sets, you can't do
   this.

 - Configure zmailer to send 8-bit mail to the receiving site even if
   it doesn't announce 8BITMIME.  You need an additional clause in
   scheduler.conf with the same commands as smtp/* except that you
   specify the -H command-line option to smtp.  If you don't know what
   sites accept 8-bit mail without announcing it, you can't do this.

 - Remove the warning, it's in transports/libta/mimeheaders.c.  I
   don't recommend this - the problem will still be there.

--Arnt